Tuesday, October 9, 2012

P.R.A.Y.

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

Paintings by Margot Cioccio

Mark 1:35
 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, 
Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

So I finished the PRAY paintings today. I've made them available on a number of cool products that you will see below. I make a small royalty when you purchase these print on demand products.
My goal is to create items that will encourage and inspire. There are links to all my sites in the tabs on the A Devotional Mosaic Blog page. I've added a new one too called My Creative Spark. That one will give interested folks a topic to spark their creativity. It can be in any type of creative medium that you are into. The current one uses these colors and they may inspire you to paint or to write a poem or to cook or build something. The goal is to simply to inspire creativity. I suppose we will see what the Lord does with it. I will post the new topic each Sunday night. You can always submit things to the past posts as well. The directions are on the welcome page.






I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want to be when I grow up. Its kind of humorous to me since I will be celebrating my 51'st birthday this week. I suppose it is more a seeking God for direction for the next portion of my life. I don't really know if I'm to continue to be my scattered self or if the Lord would have me focus my time and energy in a particular direction. For now I'm taking it one day at a time. I can't really see myself not doing art, music, writing or ministry, they are all things that I love to do. All things that make me happy and stretch me at the same time. I feel responsible to develop and grow in the gifts and talents that the Lord has given me.  I'd like to be able to stand before the Lord on that final day and be able to say that I have used the gifts he gave me to encourage others and to bring him glory.

I always feel compelled that I must use my life to leave a legacy of faith for others to follow. None of us knows how many days we have upon this earth. I don't want to be waiting for someday to do things that I could do today. Those who wait for someday to live might just miss the boat. I don't want to look back on my life with regrets for not having really lived.
We had a great video that we played in church on Sunday called the Lumber Song. I will embed the video for you. If you are getting this in your e-mail you will need to click on the title to visit the actual blog post to see it. It will stretch you a wee bit to think about what you are doing with your life. What things have an eternal value? Guess I have been thinking about those kind of things lately. How do I want to spend the next years of my life. Are there things I want to adjust, change, do differently? Some stuff I can't really change but I might be able to change my attitude on some things. Some things I will just have to take step by step day at a time as the Lord leads me. There are a lot of things that I can choose to do or not to do. I can just be busy or I can be purposeful and seek the Lord about what He would have me do. In all likelihood his plan will be bigger than I can begin to imagine, so I will be content with the little glimpse of direction and be thankful that he promises to lead me step by step. I want to be mindful of the future but the place that the Lord wants me to be concerned with is today. How will I use today? Will I be faithful with the things he has given me today? Will I spend time with him today? Will I be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit today or will I be suborn and lean on my self sufficiency?


Anyway those are the kind of things that have been on my mind as I intentionally try to slow down to make sure I'm not just being busy with my own good ideas and intentions, or being busy to avoid dealing with things I should deal with. I see somethings and I'm sure I am still blinded to others but I pray that the Lord will help me to see with spiritual eyes and that my heart would yield to his will.

How about you? 
Prayer: Lord we praise you because you are worthy of praise and thanks. You do so much for us each and every day and we acknowledge your hand upon our lives and are truly grateful. Lord we repent of our indifference, and pride and self sufficiency. We ask that you would lead us in the way you would have us to go. We look to you for wisdom to make wise kingdom minded decisions. We choose to listen to you, and yield to you.

September Challenge: The September challenge winner is Debbie DeRienzo who got her name in that hat a bunch of times for each of her wonderful Photo Challenge posts. Since the challenges don't really seem to be inspiring folks to comment on posts or interact on the facebook page, I'm going to wait a while before doing another challenge.  

Items featuring my P.R.A.Y artwork:

Pray Greeting Card
Pray Card
Pray Card by MargotsDesigns
Find more note cards online at zazzle.com


Prayer Jar
 
Prayer Jar
Prayer Jar by MargotsDesigns
Browse other candy dish designs on Zazzle.
Another fun idea using the PRAY paintings. Fill this jar with the answers to prayers during the year and then celebrate by reading them at the end of the year. Or fill it with slips of paper with promise verses or things to pray about.

 PRAY Poster
14x 11 Poster

Custom Wall Decal

Brighten up any room with a custom wall decal from Zazzle and Walls 360! Printed with premium eco-solvent inks on high quality fabric paper, your images, the design will pop off the wall with stunning clarity and color accuracy. Made to be moved, each wall decal can be peeled and repeeled up to one hundred times without damaging the decal or walls. No glue, no frames, no pain – make a space all your own with a customized wall decal!

Dry Erase Board w/ Pen

  Add this to your to-do list: Get a great custom dry-erase board! Vibrantly printed using the AcryliPrint®HD process, Featured in three sizes, this dry-erase board is the perfect fit for the kitchen, office, school locker, or college dorm room.
  • Three sizes: 8" x 8" (small), 12" x 8" (medium), and 22" x 16" (large).
  • Includes black dry-erase pen and mounting equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...