Friday, May 24, 2013

Psalm 119:129-136 - Wonder

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

http://youtu.be/2OCBltoGlDI


פ Pe - Psalm 119:129-136 The Voice (VOICE)
129 Your decrees inspire wonder; because of that, my soul desires to keep them.
130 When Your words are unveiled, light shines forth; they bring understanding to the simple.
131 My desire for Your commands left me waiting, open-mouthed and panting.
132 Acknowledge me and show me Your grace as is 
Your habit toward all those who love Your name.
133 Guide my steps in the ways of Your word, and do not let any sin control me.
134 Rescue me from the torment of my human oppressors 
so that I may live according Your decrees.
135 Let Your face shine upon Your servant, and help me to learn what You require.
136 My eyes shed rivers of tears whenever people fail to keep Your teaching.

Your decrees inspire wonder; because of that, my soul desires to keep them.
When Your words are unveiled, light shines forth; they bring understanding to the simple.

God's word is veiled to those who do not have a relationship with Jesus. He sent us the Holy Spirit to teach and train us. 

2 Corinthians 3:14-16

New International Version (NIV)
14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

2 Corinthians 4:3

New International Version (NIV)
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

My desire for Your commands left me waiting, open-mouthed and panting.
Acknowledge me and show me Your grace as is 
Your habit toward all those who love Your name.
I think of the old song that says "As the deer pants for the water so my soul longs after thee."
Are you desperate for the Lord and His word and His ways?  I am thankful for the Lord's grace and that he does see us and know us. 

Guide my steps in the ways of Your word, and do not let any sin control me.
134 Rescue me from the torment of my human oppressors 
so that I may live according Your decrees.
What masters and controls us? It may not even be bad or sinful things. There are good things that we can control us and keep us from God's best or from perusing God's call on our lives. 

Let Your face shine upon Your servant, and help me to learn what You require.
My eyes shed rivers of tears whenever people fail to keep Your teaching.
We need the face of the Lord to shine upon us, to help us to learn and to live His way. We need to have compassion on those who were never trained in God's ways. 
 
I am off and running to pick up my kids and then I am singing at a local coffee house with one of my guitar students. Should be fun. I pray the Lord will bless you with wonder and insight into his word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...