Friday, May 31, 2013

Psalm 119: 169-176 The End

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUY-u7whGFE&feature=share&list=PLAE37DF69613BB3F3

ת Taw Psalm 119:169-176 The Message (MSG)

Let my cry come right into your presence, God;
provide me with the insight that comes only from your Word.
Give my request your personal attention,
rescue me on the terms of your promise.
Let praise cascade off my lips;
after all, you’ve taught me the truth about life!
And let your promises ring from my tongue;
every order you’ve given is right.
Put your hand out and steady me
since I’ve chosen to live by your counsel.
I’m homesick, God, for your salvation;
I love it when you show yourself!
Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well,
use your decrees to put iron in my soul.
And should I wander off like a lost sheep—seek me!
I’ll recognize the sound of your voice.

Let my cry come right into your presence, God;
provide me with the insight that comes only from your Word.
Give my request your personal attention,
rescue me on the terms of your promise.
I went to the Healing Rooms for prayer this morning for prayer and to worship the Lord. The people there know nothing about the changes taking place in my life or what the Lord has been telling me as I have been seeking Him. So this verse here about give my request your personal attention was very clearly demonstrated by others who were also listening to the Holy Spirit, were sharing with me amazingly similar verses and words and images. Those kind of confirmations remind me that God is listening and he wil provide me with the insight that comes only from His Word. 

Let praise cascade off my lips; after all, you’ve taught me the truth about life!
And let your promises ring from my tongue; every order you’ve given is right
.
I guess the question is what is cascading off your lips. Have you allowed the Holy Spirit to teach you the truths about life? Are you standing on His promises - do they ring from your tongue trusting that the Lord has directed you rightly?

Put your hand out and steady me since I’ve chosen to live by your counsel.
I’m homesick, God, for your salvation; I love it when you show yourself!
I was watching people dance at a local festival. Some of the couples were having fun but their dancing was almost at odds with one another. Then you had the couples that seemed to glide effortlessly. They seemed to fully get the complicated Latin beats and could move to it in a mannor that seemed effortless and graceful. Me I didn't even try - I was struggling with when to tap my foot. There is plenty of music from a variety of cultures that I do understand. If I was a dancer I would have needed the Lord's hand to steady me and guide me. I would have to learn the rules of those particular dances.  When we are new at walking with the Lord or when we are in some new territory we need the Lord to steady us. I love it when you show yourself Lord.  

Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well, use your decrees to put iron in my soul.
And should I wander off like a lost sheep—seek me! I’ll recognize the sound of your voice.
I particularly like this section. I don't generally mean to get off track. Sometimes I get distracted or caught up in something and all the sudden realize I am not on the path I meant to be on. Sometimes the tyranny of the urgent spins us off in a direction constantly reacting rather than purposefully moving in a direction.  Should I wander off - seek me! I can picture the shepherd calling for the sheep, and the sheep knows the sound of His voice.  Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well, make me strong like iron. This would be a good section to pray along with. Help us Lord to be fully alive, invigorate our souls so we can praise you well. With your Word and your decrees give us the courage and the backbone and iron in our souls to stand up for truth and justice. 

Congratulations - we have made our way through the longest Psalm in the Bible. You can give your self a pat on the back for having started and completed the journey. Or if you missed some of it you can go back at anytime. I did try to put psalm 119 key words on all of these posts.  On Monday you will get a post with links to posts you probably missed. I will be taking the month of June off from posting but look forward to being back to celebrate our second blog birthday in July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...