Thursday, May 17, 2012

Singing With Kids



On Wednesday nights about four years I have gotten to work with a great group of young people.
My children have been involved in AWANA and have enjoyed it greatly. Besides helping with group games, listening to memory verses and general kid wrangling my favorite part is the short time that I get to sing with the kids.


Tonight we decided to record the kids using my i-phone because one of my guitar students had set a goal 4 months back to be able to play with me by the end of the AWANA season. Tonight she played along with me. Way to go Mia - I'm very proud of you.  


Psalm 40:3He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.



We ended up having time to sing and record three of the songs we have sung during this past year. I promised the kids I would post the videos on my blog so they could all see them.  
One of the three, Undeniable was written by Linda Bach a friend in Arizona.  I have been singing it with kids for many years now. Its a great song and the kids always love singing it.

This was our last week to sing together for this year - it sure was fun! Next week we have an awards ceremony. This group of kinds memorized easily 1000 sections this year. Most sections contain at least 2 verses and some questions. They have worked hard to hide the word in their hearts. 

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
I lift up these kids and the children in the lives of my readers. I pray that you would use each of us to be active and purposeful in some  way in passing on the faith, kingdom life and Gods truth to the next generation of believers. I pray that these young people will be a light in this world. Because they have hidden the word in their hearts, I pray that when they face temptations they would remember and make wise choices.  Lord may they always carry these songs in their hearts and be filled with your joy when remembering them.







1 comment:

  1. AWANA is a great program indeed! When my kids were younger, we were involved with it for a couple of years! WTG to your group for their achievements in learning God's word!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...