Wednesday, August 14, 2013

An Invitation to Dinner

 A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

I have chosen not to add the annoying ads to this blog site but there are a number of ways you can help support this site if you enjoy it.  I don't get paid to do this - it is totally a faith journey.

1. Use the Donate button to donate any amount.  It is located off to the right of the blog site. If you get this in your e-mail just click the blue title to be taken to the actual site where you can access all the features and tabs I have activated.

2. Order my A2Z pdf e book for yourself and for your friends.  I have considerably lowered the price and it is now only $4.95. It contains a devotional for each letter of the alphabet. Plus bonus journal pages. Just click the get this e-book button to get your copy.




3. If you are new here you may not be aware of my mosaic art. You see many of my projects and purchase them in my on-line at my artfire shop. http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/MM-Fractured-Designs


4. I also have over 300 cards for many occasions available at Greeting Card Universe. You will also find many beautiful scripture cards there as well. These are real paper cards with envelpes that you can have sent with a personalized message directly to your friends or you can have the cards sent to you and you can write your own messages.   I get a very small royalty when my cards sell. So this is not a big money maker for me but it does get my art out there for more people to enjoy. http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/MargotsCards


Riverwalk Painting by Margot Cioccio 
5. You can also get my art on T-shirts, mugs, framed prints and a whole host of other items. Again I make very little on print on demand items. Still there are a lot of great products available for you to be able to enjoy my art and share it with your friends. 
http://www.zazzle.com/margotsdesigns

6. Tell your friends. If you enjoy these posts tell your friends and pray for me and for those who find their way here that God would use these posts to transform lives.


On to our verse for today.......

“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:14,20 NIV

You have a dinner invitation from the God of the Universe. Jesus knocks at the door of your heart but he will not break down the door. He waits for you to hear him knocking and to come and open the door for Him to take part in your life. 

This verse remind me of another from Matthew 22. 

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

22 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
“Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’
“But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business.The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
“Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

What are you too busy with that you can't take the time to enjoy the banquet that the Lord has prepared for you each day. He desires to spend time with you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...