Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lord Help


A Devotional by Margot Cioccio 

I am not feeling particularly inspired. So I prayed Lord HELP. I then decided that maybe you need some verses of God's promises to help. While my lack of inspiration is not really a dire condition. In my simple request I found something to share with you.  There are plenty of other verses but I only chose this handful for today.

Is. 41:13 "For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, 
saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."


John 14:14 "If ye shall ask any thing in My name, 
I will do it."


Ps. 107:19-21 "Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and He saveth them out of their distresses. He sent His Word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. Oh that men would praise the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!"


2 Kings. 20:5 "Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, 
I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee."


Is. 53:5 "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed."


Ps. 33:20 "Our soul waiteth for the LORD: He is our Help and our Shield."


Isaiah 50:7 Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. 
Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.

Heb. 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, 
that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

Ps. 121:1-2 "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my Help. 
My Help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."

What ever you are facing be it simple lack of inspiration or something more serious like sickness, or financial trouble, or relationship difficulties. Jesus is only a prayer call away. Don't feel like you have to work it out by yourself. Or feel that God is to busy for your need be it big or small. 
God delights in helping us. Too often we resort to every other possible resource before we turn to God. The Lord does not just come in to save the day - uninvited. He waits for us to realize our need and to turn to Him. 

Prayer: Lord I pray that you would help these reader to remember that you are always there for them. Help them to come to the end of their own means and devices and learn to see you as the
 I AM to their needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...