Friday, July 19, 2013

Great News

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio 

So don’t be afraid. I am here, with you; don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, help you. I am here with My right hand to make right and to hold you up. Isaiah 41:10 VOICE

I got the following e-mail today from the founder of The Wellness Education Center, where I applied to go for massage therapy training. "Margot
You are accepted, and yes go ahead and order your books. Best to do it on our web site.That way there is less chance of amazon sending you the wrong books. We are glad to have you come to our school and look forward to catching up in Aug and class in the fall.  ~ Dylan"

When I have felt most unsettled was earlier in the Spring and early part of the summer. When I did not know what direction I would be going. For some reason the lack of a plan causes me to feel anxious. I have felt all along that the Lord has been saying things to me much like the words of our verse today. I would be able to push aside those anxious feelings and trust that God did have a plan. He had a good plan just like he promises in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Eternal, “plans for peace, not evil, to give you a future and hope—never forget that." 

I gotta say that I am glad now to have a plan. I start massage school in September. I have been organizing my schedule and my life to that end, even before I knew how I would pay for school. Even before I had received official word of my acceptance. I have just known that this was the direction and that God would work out the details.  It was odd going from not having a directional clue to suddenly waking up one morning and feeling led to at least check out what the area massage schools were offering. One day it all just clicked and I started taking little steps of faith in that direction. With each little step I began to see a new plan and a new dream. Its still a rough sketch and I have some new skills that I will have to master over the next year. I am sure there will be some  challenges and obstacles along the way but I am confident that the Lord who has begun this new work in me will be faithful to help me complete it.
Masking the border and the game boards locations. 

Cai drawing in the Geometric Doodles
In the mean time my son Cai and I have started on a new mosaic. We are turning our coffee table into a mosaic game table using his geometric doodle designs.

 His doodles are a bit more complicated that I had expected to lay glass
All the black will be silver 
 around.  He finished drawing the doodles all around the table edges and has begun to help me with laying glass. 
This one has a bit more of an abstract feel. The outside border will be using a medium purple glass and I hope some flowers. We've decided its too hot most days for bike riding so it is good to have a project.
One of Niah's projects

Niah is busy working on cartooning and animation. He is doing some really nice work.

Hope you are enjoying the summer. Don't forget that the Lord is always there for you.  "So don’t be afraid. I am here, with you; don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, help you. I am here with My right hand to make right and to hold you up. Isaiah 41:10 VOICE

Prayer: I pray Lord that you will lead and guide each reader today. That they will know that they don't have to be afraid, because you are there to help and strengthen them.
Thank you Lord, that you have a plan and you are able to help us figure it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...