Friday, January 25, 2013

Strength and Peace

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

Psalm 29:11
The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
 
We came home from the hospital this afternoon and I got my son Cai settled on the couch. The house was a mess so I picked up a little before going to the pharmacy to get prescriptions filled.  I got into a near argument with my husband over dumb stuff. I finally told him I was too tired and none of it was anything that really needed dealt with in that moment. I just needed to take a bath and a nap. Which is what I did. A little later I got back up able to function and worked on catching up the laundry and a number of other things that got pushed to the back burner because of being at the hospital for the last two days and also most of the day Tuesday.

I have a unexpected sense of peace and I can only suppose that there are people praying for me. Another unexpected is Cai's pain medicine wore off at 6 this evening and he has been fine all evening with out it. Sure did not expect that. 
Just now he decided he was ready for some and is settling down to sleep. So for today I am going to cut this post short.  Thank you all for your prayers. They do make a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...