Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Flying Hat

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

http://www.radiolovers.com/shows/C/CinnamonBear
/CINNBEAR371218e2032-22-mono12m09sFlyingHat.mp3

If you are new to this blog, I am using the Old Time Radio show The Cinnamon Bear as a spring board for my topics this month. The Winter Green Witch has discovered that she has not only been exiled from her home but also stripped of her magic powers. She has stollen the broken star, when the Grand Wonkie shows up to take charge of the x-witch. Now our heros just need to find the singing tree. 
The link to today's episode is under the photo of the Singing Tree and the Flying Hat. 

So as they drift off to sleep to what sounds like singing... I think....Sometimes we need to sleep on a problem. When we wake we can see the next step to take. 

Isaiah 55:6
Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.


 Luke 8:10 He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, “‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.’ He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, “‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.’

As a follower of Jesus the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom have been given to you. Jesus will help you to understand His word and how His kingdom operates. For those who choose to remain on the out side it will be jumbled. The first step is to decide to follow Jesus every step beyond that one is part of the journey to knowing Him more fully. 

Is there something that the Lord has given you to do that you have not done? You may find that you are presently stuck because you asked the Lord for an answer, and having received an answer, did not follow through with his instruction. The Lord rarely rolls out the entire plan generally he give us the next step and waits for us to decide to follow it. Sometimes the answer seems silly or too easy and sometimes it is too big and requires some change I'm not sure I really am ready to make. The Lord is patient to a point. When I realize I am stuck - I start to look at what I have been un willing to do. Changes I have been un-willing to make because I am waiting for God to drop an answer on me from heaven. 

Take for example a man named Naman. He seeks out a prophet of God because he needs healing. When the prophet tells him to go dip himself in a river 7 times he is offended and has to be convinced by his servant to give it a try. You can find the story in 2 Kings 5 
2 Kings 11 "But Naaman went away angry and said, 'I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy. "

God's solutions don't always come in the packages that I think they should. So I sometimes dig my heels in and wait and hope he will do things my way or some other way. Generally God just turns up the heat till I decide I've had enough and am willing to do what ever it takes to solve the problem. It may not even be that the way he has given me is that hard. Sometimes I have to humble myself and ask someone to help me to understand something about God that I am clueless about. I don't like to ask for help and I can be very stubborn.

Psalm 32:9 Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.

Prayer: 
Lord, Help us to see the path you have laid before us. Help us to not only see the next step but to find the courage to take it. If we find we are stuck help us to remember that thing we have refused or neglected to do in obedience to the direction you have given us. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...