Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Gift of God's Presence

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio
 1st of the Beloved Cards -Click to order


Psalm 62:5-11

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
   my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
   he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
   he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
   pour out your hearts to him,
   for God is our refuge.
                         Selah


Today is my birthday and I realized when I got up this morning that I had forgotten to write and set a devotional to post today. So my apologies to those of you who look forward to this first thing in the morning or just after midnight pacific time. I have to admit that I got "Lost". Actually my family has been watching for the frist time, the old seasons of the show Lost. The one about the people who crash on a weird island where odd things are always happening. I will lay the blame for this on my baby sister, who told my youngest about the show this summer. I had wondered why we could not get him unglued from his computer. He finally convinced the rest of us to watch the show one night. I have to applaud the writers because they leave you hanging, and with so many questions that you keep coming back for more.  

In a far far greater way Jesus does that to me. The gift of His presence in my life and the adventure of each new day walking with Him in His kingdom is astounding. His blessings come to me in so many directions I am sure I am not even aware of them all.  I have generally come in my prayer time on my birthday with my birthday wish or prayer for the year ahead. I find myself coming this year simply with a thankful heart. Sure there are things I could ask for but I am finding myself overwhelmed by the goodness of the Lord's presence. 

Today I am 50! I am thankful for the thoughts of friends who have posted birthday greetings on my facebook page. For the sweet things my family has done to remember my birthday over the past week.

Well I hope you find something in this post that inspires you for your day. I am off and running - kids to school, work, meetings... It all of it God is present and in Him I am truly blessed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...