Friday, March 2, 2012

A Memorial, A Remembrance, A Legacy

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

Framed Mosaic Cross Project by Margot Cioccio
Psalm 102:12
But thou, O LORD, shall endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.
Psalm 112:6
Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.


2 Timothy 1:5
When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.


So in the process this morning of praying and thinking about how to some how take all my creative endeavors and some how put them under one name or business. The word legacy came to mind. That perhaps they would all fit under a business called legacy. The idea of leaving a lasting imprint of faith for future generations to follow has long intrigued me. One does not find the word legacy in the bible but the concept of leaving a legacy or memorials or a remembrance is found in a lot of places. So I was gathering some of those verses this morning. 

My day has kind of spun away and I am not going to get to really dig into this like I had hoped but perhaps you will find some things in these verses that will stir up your own thinking about the foot prints that you will leave for others to follow.  I'm sure I will write about it again because it is a topic that is often part of my thoughts.

2 Timothy 1:6
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

 Joshua 4:7
Then ye shall answer them, That the waters of Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD; when it passed over Jordan, the waters of Jordan were cut off: and these stones shall be for a memorial unto the children of Israel for ever.

Psalm 135:13
Thy name, O LORD, endureth for ever; and thy memorial, O LORD, throughout all generations.
Matthew 26:13
Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

Acts 10:4
And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

 Genesis 9:12
And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

Psalm 71:18
Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.

 1 Samuel 7:12
Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...