Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Like a Tree Planted by Water

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

Banner 1 of the River Project
““But blessed is the man 
who trusts in the LORD, 
whose confidence is in him. 
He will be like a tree planted 
by the water 
that sends out its roots by the stream. 
It does not fear when heat comes; 
its leaves are always green. 
It has no worries in a year of drought 
and never fails to bear fruit.””  
Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV1984


It is already very late and I have had a long busy day. I have been using all my extra time to try and get the River Project done and ready for the service this Sunday. It is coming along nicely. On top of that I have spent a fair amount of time getting my new studio operational. I had my first new guitar student have their lessons there today.  I am thankful that Spring Break is almost upon us. I am excited about these current projects and they are turning out to be very nice.  My issue is that I am running like crazy to be sure to get everything finished on time.  

I like the idea of being like a tree beside the water. To be nourished and refreshed by the flowing stream. Even in times of drought the roots reach deep below the earth and the tree stays strong and able to bear fruit. There are seasons that are sometimes crazy busy. While I am crazy busy - I am not worried or stressed out by it all. I'm just really busy and having to use my time wisely to keep up. 
I think part of being tapped into the river of God and having allowed ones roots to grow deep helps in busy times.  I think learning to trust and be led by the Holy Spirit helps tremendously. 
The bible talks about the steps of the righteous being ordered by the Lord. So I am not spending time worrying about how to get it all done. I am trusting that the Holy Sprit will help me order my day in such a way that I can accomplish the things that need to get done. 

At this point - I am going to call it a night and apologize to you for making this post a short one.  

Prayer: 
Dear Lord, Help us order our day in a way that pleases you. Help us to walk in trust and in the confidence of our acceptance in you.  Lord you know very well all the things we think we have to do today - help to keep you in the center of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...