Friday, May 4, 2018

Love the Lord with all your ...

Luke 10:27 
He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

As I have been thinking about getting back to regular blogging at a Devotional Mosaic I am realizing I want to bring more balance to it because Loving God is much more than only spirit to Spirit. My life with God is a 24/7 kind of thing. I want to think and write about how we learn to walk with God in every moment of our life. Too often we want to keep God in a box allowing God to impact our Sunday but then not how we live the rest of the time. 

I was thinking about what it might look like to blog through the different area's of Luke 10:27

Monday: Love the Lord with all your heart
Tuesday: Love the Lord with all your soul
Wednesday: Love the Lord with all your strength
Thursday: Love the Lord with all your mind
Friday: Love your neighbor as yourself

While I'm not going to force myself to conform to this exact schedule I am going to make it my aim to cover each of these areas regularly. These are the areas in which we are encouraged to love the Lord and they cover every aspect of our lives as three part beings. 

It has become much more apparent that if I am sick it is harder to do the things I feel called to do. I have to take care of my heart, my soul, my body, my mind. As I learn to take care of myself in all of these areas I need to love my neighbor to help them be able to do the same in their lives.

 3 John 1:2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 

I didn't used to think of eating or exercise as spiritual activities but they are. How I treat the temple, my body, in which the Holy Spirit dwells has a direct relationship to what I will be able to accomplish for the glory of God.  I'm not saying that if you are sick or in prison that you can't love the Lord in profound ways. God takes us all from what ever our starting points may be and He works with us to conform us more and more to Jesus Christ in every area of our life. 

I am interested in encouraging and inspiring the whole person to live to the fullest, to the glory of God.  Anyway I intend to keep the same openness and transparent honesty that has been a hallmark of my previous blog posts. I intend to keep the depth and the spiritual insights, and prayer. I want to add to that a broader perspective and incorporate that we need more than spiritual food to be healthy. We need spiritual exercise and we need physical and mental food and exercise. Sometimes we need healing for our soul, for our minds and for our bodies. Sometimes we need to laugh, or rest, or be creative. We also need to find God in the mundane of life and develop a heart of thankfulness no mater what we are facing. Its a lot to cover and I am excited to be getting back to this blog. I had to set it aside while I went through massage school and studied to get my license and to launch my massage practice, and then while I was a student at the International Healing Rooms School of Transformation I have posted my book reports but other wise I have not had time to post. 

Next week- I have pre scheduled postings of my final paper for the International Healing Rooms School of Transformation. It is called the Original and Final Intent of God.  It is quite a long paper so it will take the whole week to give it to you in bite size chunks. It was received well when I presented it last night to my class. It in many way's hits the five areas mentioned above but not necessarily in that order. I hope you will enjoy it and I would love it if you would follow this blog and I would be thrilled to hear your comments. 

Today being Friday the Focus is Loving our Neighbor as we love our selves.  I want you to think about the roof on your own church building. We take them for granted. They make it possible for us to be protected from the cold, the heat, the rain. If I have a roof and my brother or sister does not, I should pray about how I might be able to help them to have the protection from the elements that a roof gives, that I having one, take for granted.  I want to invite you to a fund raiser called Raise the Roof that I started to help a pastor friends church in Kenya Africa. They need to get a roof on their building. It is the rainy season and they have water dripping from the ceiling and women mopping it up during the worship. They need $4000 to complete the roof. We have raised about $600 so far thru Raise the Roof and there are 12 more days left give to this fundraiser.  The church currently meets in the lower floor of the building in the photos below. They are just about done with the walls for the second floor and then will need to put the roof on the building. There are some videos on the Raise the Roof page that show them worshiping and mopping. Please pray about how you can help to love these brothers and sisters in Kenya Africa. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog... Its a real challenge to
    not turn to God just at scheduled times but to talk to him and read his word through out the day everyday and to nourish the mind soul and body daily... I now know and live soundly in my body being a temple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josey for your comment. I’m glad to be getting back to it. Hope you will stop by often. Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a lot to me.

      Delete

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...