Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Walking

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

Written by my friend Karen Stahl

3 John 1  

2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 



 When I was thinking about W - I thought about writing about "Who am I"  and telling you about me and my family and some of the stuff we do. Not a bad idea but then I found myself thinking about my daily journey and decided W is for walking.  Instantly the poem in the corner came to mind. My friend Karen read her poem By Walking I Make The Road  to me two visits ago. I fell in love with it instantly. It kind of sums up my approach to life. It is by little steps of faith that we get to our final destinations. It is the little things I do to make a difference, little things done with great love that change the world. I try to keep Jesus central in my life. He's not just a Sunday obligation for me He is the reason that I live and so He is interwoven into all that I do and all that I am. I don't go around telling everyone I meet about him. I just live him, and endeavor to be a living bible. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Love them till they ask you why. If someone asks I have an answer. They are not really ready to listen till they want to know something.

I try to practice being aware of his presence as I go through my day. I have an inner running dialog with him going on in my head a lot of the time. I try to be very open and honest with Jesus. If I am struggling or failing miserably at something I talk to him about it - I don't try to hide the places I fall short of his standards. He see's, he knows already so we might as well talk about those areas.
When trying to solve problems, I allow myself to come up with my best guess of what might work. Then I allow myself to test and experiment with that idea to see how it works. The I try to remember why I am even bothering to try and solve this problem. I re-evaluate how well my idea has worked. I might adjust it here or there or toss it out completely and try something new.  I don't get all hung up berating myself if something does not work or go like I planned. I simply go back to the drawing board and try the next idea. 

When I find that I am stuck - I wait, I pray. I look around to see what if anything I can do. Generally there are things I can do  - so I do those things. Somehow by the grace of God answers come and I get to the end of big projects step by step.

Whats next - Heres a few family photos.  Yep I live in a house full of men thankfully the dogs are girls. Actually they are a great bunch. We have a tiny house and a lot going on. I would be in big trouble if Better Homes and Gardens decided to come with a camera crew. Our house is pretty lived in and there is a lot of life happening in every corner.  - Well I'm out of time for this post and need to get on to practicing piano and getting out the door for music lessons.

I pray that God will bless and keep you. That his face will shine upon you and be gracious to you. That he will be very present in your day as you endeavor to walk in his way.
Well I'll catch you tomorrow for x - yikes what to do with that letter - wait and see.

Niah 14  - Creativity Unleashed

Husband Marco  - loves to DJ
Me - writing with help
April May - Good Dog
Best Friends - Donnie & Gracie
Cai 11  - Always a delight


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...