Tuesday, November 22, 2011

100th Devotional Post

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio

Psalm 100
A psalm. For giving thanks.
 1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
 2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
   come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations.




I started thinking about things I could do to celebrate my 100th Devotional Blog Post. So I started to make a list of possible things I could do - clearly I can't do it all.  I'm writing this on Monday to post on Tuesday. I am really tired from being at the Spokane Public Market with my mosaics Thursday - Saturday and then being at church all day for the service and then cooking pork loin chops for the homeless and poor folks in our neighborhood. It was pretty late in the afternoon before I started to feel human again. So I was thinking of lofty and grand ideas for things I could do for this post.

So I started a 100 list. You can do Hundred lists for any number of things. They are quite helpful the first 20 things are generally pretty obvious as you have to keep going you have to think harder and reach deeper. You uncover things you might not have realized where there to be discovered. 
So I made my list, you will see it below. Some of these things are ideas that I might want to work on to have ready for my 200th post. I realize that this is a milestone post for me I am roughly 1/4 of the way to my bigger goal of having written a year long daily devotional. It feels to me like something that I should celebrate in some way. I have grown to be able to write on days when I feel tired or un-inspired. The dailyness of writing has been very good for me.

100 Things I could do For My 100th Devotional Post

1. Write about the things I've learned during the 100 days.
2. Celebrate and give something away.
3. Create some downloadable content
4. Re-package the previous posts into 10 books of 10
5. Write about the value of 100 lists.
6. Look at Psalm 100
7. My 100 favorite verses
9. Printable Gift Tags
10. Printable Book Marks
11. Encouragement cards
12  Create Printable Top 5 lists
13 Create some mini e-books
14. Shopping List
15 Journal pages
16. Do a VLOG post rather than a typical blog
17. Photos with verses.
18. Printable journal pages.
19. Printable Calendar Pages.
20. 100 things I love about Jesus
21. 100 things I love about the Holy Spirit
22. 100 things I love about my Bible
23. 100 Small acts of kindness.
24. 100 things to journal about
25.  100 things I would like to accomplish
26. 100 ways to bless others.
27.  100 Things Activity  Pages
28. Crate a Beloved Project re-cap e-book or pp presentation.
28. 100 things I'd like to write about
29. My 100 favorite Quotes
30 100 Scripture Book Marks
31. 100 Ways to be more creative.
32. 100 Photos
33. 100 Songs I'd like to Share
34. 100 Tips for a Happier Holiday Season
35. 100 Ways to Help My Readers
36. 100 Practical Ways to Pray
37. 100 Practical Ways to Spend more time in the Word
38. 100 Ways to Relax
39. 100 Ways to Share The Love of Jesus
40. 100 Ways to Abide in Jesus
41. 100 Ways to better connect with my readers.
42. 100 Dinner Table Discussion Ideas
43.

Well thats how far I got before I decided I better pick something and try and get it done.
So I do have two things to celeberate the 100th Devotional Blog Post.
At the top you will see 100 Things I Love To Do and below you will see 100 Things I'm Thankful For.
I hope you will enjoy working on them.







Prayer:
Dear Lord,
Thank you for 100 days of this devotional, I pray for my readers that you would touch them deeply through it. That you would draw them to hunger and thirst for your presence. That you would be their peace in the midst of the storms they face. Help them to remember to celebrate the milestone in their own journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...