Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Beloved Presentation

A Devotional by Margot Cioccio


If you are reading this by e-mail you may need to click on the post title to get back to the Devotional Posting to see the embedded materials. Here is the direct link to the document. http://issuu.com/margot/docs/beloved_presentation?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222

I thought today I would do something a little different. I created a series of slides about the Beloved Mosiac project. I presented them Wednesday night to a room full of kids and adult parents and leaders.
I thought you might enjoy flipping through it. It is filled with many of the scriptures that inspired me. Photos of various stages of the project, many of the Christian symbols that I included with in the piece.

I think today I will allow the pictures to be worth the 1000 words that I generally write for these posts.
I hope you will be inspired by them. The journeys that we are on are often filled with lots of little bitty broken pieces if you look too closely all you see is the brokenness. If you step back you begin to see the beautiful mosaic that God has been creating out of your life.

Don't give in to dispair - God is working in more ways than you can even imagine or see. Trust Him.

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
Thank you that our lives are art in your hands. That you are creating a thing of beauty out of what so offten seems like the broken and shattered remains of our own poor choices, the poor choices of others, the places where we have turned to you for healing and the places that still await the touch of your great love , healing and transforming power. Be with us today and help us step back to see the bigger pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Standing King

An edited version of this Art Reflection was shared at The Gathering House Church in Spokane Washington and presented on March 31, 20...